Grow your career with XEN as a
Update: this position is filled as of September 2022.
XEN Systems is a HubSpot consultancy based in Australia. We have offices in Sydney and Newcastle.
We’re a digital marketing agency working with a range of mid-large businesses.
You can check us out here for the B2B side of our business: https://www.xen.com.au
Here for the Solar digital marketing side of our business: https://www.xensolar.com/
And here for our podcast: https://www.hubshots.com/
We're looking for a part-time Video Editor to join our team.
Our Core Values
We seek the optimal way to do every process. Sometimes you’ll make a mistake, that’s fine. We value learning from mistakes, taking the initiative, and improving efficiency much higher than the comfort of safe observation.
Honesty & Integrity
Honesty means we respect the other person. Whether a colleague or a client. Honesty can be uncomfortable. It takes effort. Usually it pays off. Sometimes it doesn’t. We accept the risk.
We strive to be learn-it-alls.
We avoid know-it-alls.
Make an impact.
About the Job
We're looking for a part-time video editor to join our growing team.
We need someone who can take our raw video footage and then work their magic so they end up beautifully produced.
The video recording, audio recording and assets will be prepared and handed over (this role doesn't require recording any of the video).
Please watch this video for more details about what we require:
This is a remote position, so you must:
- Have a good internet connection.
- Join Zoom meetings with your video and sound on, and look professional (ie no dark, untidy rooms or loud noises in the background). This is very important, so please be aware of this requirement before applying for the job.
- Be a self-motivator to get things done working remotely on your own.
- Be a great team player to work with everyone in the business to achieve goals for our business and for our clients.
- You will be required to work a minimum 8-hour day, with mandatory availability from 10 am - 5 pm (Sydney time) on weekdays for meetings.
You may choose to start earlier or extend your day beyond these core hours.
Mainly producing videos for internal assets and sometimes producing videos for select clients if appropriate.
Edit raw footage to include:
- Top and tail
- B roll footage and assets (eg slide decks, screenshots, other video snippets, animation overlays, etc)
- Fade in and transitions
- In and out effects
- Cutting out bits, gaffs, pauses, etc.
- Produce professional level videos like these:
- Excellent communication skills internally with your team and externally with clients
- We’re not looking to hire beginners, you should be senior with at least 5 years of experience in video production
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Experience working for an agency is a bonus but not a requirement
The Vibe We're Looking For
Intellectually curious and eager to learn
Warm, approachable personality
Proactive in personal and professional growth
Brings positive energy and enthusiasm to the team
Benefits we offer
We believe wholeheartedly that taking care of our team is one of the most impactful things we can do.
That's why we offer outstanding benefits.
Part-time role with an immediate start but likely grow into a full-time role.
Work from home
(AU business hours)
How to Apply
When you apply, please answer the following questions, in a video format, and send it through the form below along with your resume.
- Tell us a bit about yourself and your job experiences
- Are you currently employed? Either part-time or full-time?
- Why did you leave your previous job?
- What is your internet speed?
- What computer are you using?
- Do you have any experience using HubSpot or any other similar digital marketing tools?
- What would you do if a task is assigned to you and you're not sure how to do it?
- What do you like to do outside of work?
If you seem like a good fit we’ll be in touch to organise a Zoom video call with you.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Meet the XEN Team
Senior HubSpot Strategist
Senior HubSpot Strategist
Senior Graphic Designer